Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Avengers Assembled!

Those of you who watched the Superbowl this weekend caught a 17 second glimpse of the new Avengers preview clip. As much of a tease as those 17 seconds were, the bigger blast was the following full teaser Besides getting a bigger taste of what might be happening in this summer's blockbuster we get the pièce de résistanc; the first glimpse of Earth's Mightiest Heroes assembled!

Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America, Hulk and Iron Man, together for the first time! Of course, Widow looks a bit out-classed with only her pea-shooter but considering that she can take down enemies with her thighs we'll just have to see how it plays out.

As a young kid and Avengers fan in the early 70's I never even dreamed that one would ever see these heroes together on the big screen in a big budget blockbuster. Of course, it'd be even more complete seeing GiANT-man/Goliath and the Wasp.

So for your summer anticipation....

4 comments:

  1. I will see this movie when it comes out. Do not think SJ fits, but I am willing to look past it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me wrong, I'd never miss a movie with SJ in a skintight outfit, but I agree, I don't think she fits here either. From what I've seen in Iron Man 2, the Widow character seems bland and two dimensional. I think Scarlet was just cast 'cause they needed to fill out the token chic role.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can't tell you what I don't think she works. I like her but in this ... just something off. Not strong enough or something. Just not there.

      You haven't posted in awhile. Hope things are okay by you.

      Delete
  3. I completely agree with you on the "never thought I'd see it" comment. As a teen, I shifted to "never see a _good_ version of it" and that has held until very recently. I'm pretty happy with what I see so far.

    ReplyDelete